Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Tip Day

The great thing about being a Move-a-lot?  Getting to try new ideas in new spaces all the time, especially those I've been wanting to try for a while.  But, I often forget new things I've seen or colors I'd like to try because I look at so much design stuff.  So, today's tip is to start a design folder.

I'm an old-fashioned girl who likes the feel of paper, so I print pictures and tear things out of magazines to keep them for our next adventure.  Here's my folder:

And here's just a few of my collection.  (Currently OBSESSED with the outdoor space picture)
Look at that amazing hanging light in the bottom center picture!!

So, whenever we hit a new place or finally decide which room is going to be the guest room, I can pull out the folder, skim through all of these pictures and pick something I think is pretty neat to try.  And, if it doesn't work, we just move a few years later :-)


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment