Tuesday, April 26, 2011

House hunting

House hunting sounds like fun, but it's really not.  Especially long distance.  We're off to DC next week to look for a place to live, and we are trying to schedule appointments from here. I don't consider us SUPER picky.  In fact, here's all we are asking for:

- Easy access to the two bases we'll be stationed at
- Allows pets
- Move in by May 25th
- 3+ bedrooms

Doesn't sound too bad, right?  Mr. Move-a-lot and I sent out about 35 inquiries this morning.  So far, I have ONE scheduled appointment.  We're using Hotpads and Military By Owner to find places, which are very user-friendly sites that I highly recommend.  The best experience so far is from the listing that said it was available July the 1st, but then said "we can probably do May 25th".  The worst is from the listing that informed me that if I didn't have a broker, I needed to fill out three application sheets and fax over tax returns, pay stubs, and bank records.  Yeah, I won't be doing that.

This is going to be a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment